Monday, January 1, 2018

Creighton vs. Seton Hall All-Access game on Fox Sports 2 will provide great coaching insights

On Tuesday, January 2nd, the Seton Hall women will host Creighton at 6 PM CT on Fox Sports 2.

The game is Fox's 2nd annual All-Access game, which will feature live microphones for both head coaches: Seton Hall's Anthony Bozzella and Creighton's Jim Flanery. The microphones will be on for the entire game and will be a feature for all timeouts. The All-Access game will be commercial-free.

"I will have to be on my best behavior. Thank God I've mellowed over the years. I'll be a bit self-conscious early, I'm sure, but hopefully I morph into myself as the game goes on" said Jim Flanery in a recent AMA on Reddit. "I'm intrigued about doing it because I think it will help be a window to where I can improve as a coach. I plan to watch it after to see where I'm being less instructive or maybe more negative than I need to be." 

This game will be a fun and informative experience for casual fans as well as aspiring coaches in the functions of game management. We will get a better opportunity than the players themselves to see how the coaches make decisions, and communicate with the referees.

I am excited to see how each coach handles trying to stop a run, or correcting a missed/blown assignment.

Expect a good crowd for the game. Seton Hall is promoting $5 tickets for all adults and free admittance for kids 12 and under. The Pirates are averaging nearly 1,000 people per game in their cozy Walsh Gymnasium capacity 1,655. I expect around 1,300-1,400 for this game, as parents find a great opportunity to spend the last days before school starts back up once again.

WHO: Creighton Bluejays (8-4, 2-0 Big East) @ Seton Hall (8-5, 0-2)

WHEN: Tuesday, January 2nd 7 PM ET

WHERE: Walsh Gymnasium, South Orange, NJ

WATCH: Fox Sports 2 and FSGO

LISTEN: Seton Hall WSOU 89.5 FM


No comments:

Post a Comment